Beet Juice Nutrients
As mentioned before, beet juice has various essential nutrients that are extremely beneficial to human health. Beets are low in fat and contain vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, B1 and B2 and betalains, an antioxidant in large quantities. The greens of beet are known to have a higher content of iron as compared to spinach. Other nutrients contained in beet juice include sodium, calcium, sulfur, chlorine, copper, iodine, natural sugar, bioflavonoids and potassium. Beet juice is also a good source of dietary fiber, carbohydrates, niacin, folic acid, biotin and magnesium. Read more on nutritional value of beets.
Beet Juice Health Benefits
With the abundance of nutrients that it contains, its not surprising that there are a lot of health benefits of beet juice. So, here’s a list of the various beet juice benefits.
- Blood Cooling and Purification: One of the most well known and important benefits of beet juice is its blood cooling and blood purifying ability. This can be attributed to the rich iron content of beet juice. It is also an indispensable cure for anemia.
- Digestion and Digestive Disorders: The benefits of drinking beet juice of healthy digestion can be attributed to the carbohydrates that it contains, in the form of natural sugar. These carbohydrates can be easily digested and the fibers that beet juice contains, aids the process of food digestion. It also aids the treatment and cure of ailments like jaundice, nausea and vomiting, dysentery, hepatitis, constipation, piles and diarrhea.
- Cardiovascular Health: A number of research has been conducted to prove how beet juice can benefit cardiovascular health. It was then established that the nitrate contained in beet juice was beneficial in lowering blood pressure in patients suffering from high blood pressure.
- Stress: The betalains that beet juice contains are a type of antioxidant that is known to prevent oxidative stress, that is common among people of all ages today. It also prevents heart related disorders and diseases.
- Cholesterol: One of the important health benefits of beet juice is its ability to lower bad cholesterol levels and raise good cholesterol levels in the body.
- Circulatory Disorders: Beet juice is known to be a good solvent of inorganic calcium deposits in the body. Therefore, it is essential in the prevention of circulatory disorders like varicose veins, hypertension, arteriosclerosis, etc.
- Skin Problems: Drinking beet juice regularly can be beneficial in the prevention and cure of skin inflammation, acne, dry skin problems, dandruff and pustules. It also helps eliminate blemishes and promotes healthy skin and hair growth.
- Cancer: The betacyanin that beet juice contains helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumors and also detoxifies the body of all harmful toxins. Therefore, beet juice is extremely beneficial in the prevention of cancer and especially colon cancer.
- Birth Defects: Beet juice is known to prevent various birth defects in babies because of the B vitamin folate that it contains.
- Improves Stamina: Another health benefit of drinking beet juice is increased stamina. This is because the nitrate it contains reduces the oxygen uptake which reduces fatigue and increases stamina. Read more on how to cook beets.
So now that you are aware of the various beet juice benefits, you too can enjoy them by drinking a glass of beet juice everyday. Having beet juice along with other fruit or vegetable juices will enable you to enjoy its additional health benefits. Enjoy a healthy, illness free lifestyle by utilizing the benefits of beet juice!